- MARCH 2019
- FEBRUARY 2019
- DECEMBER 2018
- NOVEMBER 2018
- OCTOBER 2018
- SEPTEMBER 2018
- AUGUST 2018
- JULY 2018
- JUNE 2018
- MAY 2018
- APRIL 2018
- MARCH 2018
- FEBRUARY 2018
- JANUARY 2018
- DECEMBER 2017
- NOVEMBER 2017
- OCTOBER 2017
- SEPTEMBER 2017
- AUGUST 2017
- JULY 2017
- JUNE 2017
- MAY 2017
- APRIL 2017
- MARCH 2017
- FEBRUARY 2017
- JANUARY 2017
Logistics Community News
Official nameRepública Oriental del Uruguay
LocationSouth America, bordering Argentina and Brazil
Surface area176.215km², 95% of the territory has soil suitable for agriculture and livestock activities
Population (2013)3,4 million
Population growth (2013)0,4% (annual)
Per capita GDP (2013)US$ 15.062
CurrencyUruguayan peso ($)
Life expectancy at birth77 years
Form of governmentDemocratic republic with Presidential system
Political divisions19 Departaments
Time zoneGMT – 03.00
- Uruguay offers a high degree of safety and comfort.
- The climate is pleasant throughout the year, summer being the peak season for tourism.
- For many years Uruguay has had a strong political and social stability, supported by a consolidated democracy.
- The political system is based on a democratic republic with presidential system. Presidential and parliamentary elections are held every five years. There are a plurality of political parties.
- The legal system is based on laws passed by the Parliament and promulgated by the Executive Branch. There are special judges for civil, customs, bankruptcy, commercial, labor and criminal matters, and specialized criminal courts for organized crime and family issues.
- Visitors only require a valid passport to enter the country. There are some exceptions in which visas are required additionally. MERCOSUR citizens only need identity cards.
Our mission is to be the articulation space from which the sector’s actors may lead the promotion, professionalization, innovation and training processes, to turn Uruguay into a Logistics Hub that may boost national development.
Our vision is to become the leading center of expertise and promotion for the logistics sector. To cooperate with other institutions and detect opportunities for improvement that may favor the development of the Hub.
THE HUB VISION
To enhance the country’s position as a modern, dynamic and efficient Hub, by channeling the synergy of all its stakeholders. To favor investment specifically on state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure, seeking to generate new jobs and skilled human capital. Thus, the aim is to consolidate a more active development model at an international level, seen positively by society.